Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best Macbook Pro for Animation editing

Hi,

I want buy a Macbook Pro for my study.

On the Macbook i going to editing video's and render. But on my study i do need animation editing to..

so i have found a Macbook Pro but i don't know of i need a 4 or 8 GB AMD Radeon Pro 5500M.

the Specs of the macbook are: i9 (8 cores), 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD and at least, 4G AMD Radeon Pro 5500M.

So, my question is, is the 4GB AMD Radeon Pro 5500M okay for animation/video editing?

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 12:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 12:37 AM

4GB, from my experience, is quite good enough for video editing and animations as of now. fcpx would work smooth. motion would also work smooth. all 3d software will work on it.. If it for your personal project.

for pro projects where you may need to work on serveral tracks - different project throws different challenges and you can not predict the need - it is good to invest in the highers side...

on RAM side, if you have the option, choose 16 GB alteast, as on macbook pro you will not be able to upgrade RAM in the future.

this is my personal opinion as a user. I use fcpx, logicprox and other graphic softwares as well with no issue till now..

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2020 12:37 AM in response to LaurensE

4GB, from my experience, is quite good enough for video editing and animations as of now. fcpx would work smooth. motion would also work smooth. all 3d software will work on it.. If it for your personal project.

for pro projects where you may need to work on serveral tracks - different project throws different challenges and you can not predict the need - it is good to invest in the highers side...

on RAM side, if you have the option, choose 16 GB alteast, as on macbook pro you will not be able to upgrade RAM in the future.

this is my personal opinion as a user. I use fcpx, logicprox and other graphic softwares as well with no issue till now..

Best Macbook Pro for Animation editing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.