Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Family Sharing" option not showing up

I have "Set up Family Sharing" several times but it isn't being replaced by "Family Sharing" which I understand I need to click on in order to create an Apple ID for my child. I'm using ios 13.5.1. Any suggestions?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 8:42 AM

3 replies

Jun 19, 2020 1:30 PM in response to nks37

contact Apple ID Support. Based on multiple posts I have read, they may not be willing to help. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.contact Apple ID Support. Based on multiple posts I have read, they may not be willing to help. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

Jun 19, 2020 1:24 PM in response to Eric Root

Unfortunately not. All these tutorials assume that after you click through "Set Up Family Sharing," that option under Settings--> [my name] will be replaced by "Family Sharing". But that is not happening for me. And I need to go through the "Family Sharing" option to set up the Apple ID for my child.

"Family Sharing" option not showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.