Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Shuffle 3rd gen syncing issues with Windows 10

I'm having issues syncing my 3rd Gen iPod shuffle with a Windows 10 laptop. Each time I connect the device I get the message that the "iTunes had detected an iPod in recovery mode. You must restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes".

I run the restore and it goes halfway, stops and displays, "The iPod could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1439). What can be done to get this to sync again. The iPod is fully charged and plays the music currently loaded on it.

Thanks...

iPod Shuffle (3rd Gen)

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 6:12 PM

Hello,

Try restoring your iPod to factory settings.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

2 replies

Jun 22, 2020 1:49 PM in response to QuickPost

My iPod shuffle ( 4th gen) seems to be stuck in recovery mode. I have the latest iTunes version loaded on my Windows 10 computer, I have tried repeatedly performing a hard reset on the iPod and continue to get the 1439 error code each time I step through the restore process. The instruction in the Apple support link provided above, only tell me to perform the same thing I have described above. Other than tossing this device, what can I do to get it out of recovery mode and sync with iTunes?

It has a fully charged battery and plays the music currently loaded without any issues.

iPod Shuffle 3rd gen syncing issues with Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.