Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I turn off Find My Phone if my phone cannot connect to WiFi?

I am trying to back up my phone in order to restore it to original condition via iTunes. My iPhone 11 will not connect to WiFi and restoring from iCloud has not worked. However, when I get to Restore My Phone I am told I need to turn off Find My Phone. I cannot due to my iphone having lost its ability to connect to WiFi and therefore the Apple Server. I appear to be stuck. Any work-a-rounds? Thanks, Martin

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 8:04 PM

My recommendation is to not waste your valuable time looking for workarounds for a difficult situation. Your iPhone is 11 Pro is less than one year old and is therefore covered by Apple's Limited 1 Year Warranty (US) so have it examined at the Apple Store or at an authorized service center and take advantage of it. If the stores are closed then please contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2020 8:04 PM in response to Martin Weiss

My recommendation is to not waste your valuable time looking for workarounds for a difficult situation. Your iPhone is 11 Pro is less than one year old and is therefore covered by Apple's Limited 1 Year Warranty (US) so have it examined at the Apple Store or at an authorized service center and take advantage of it. If the stores are closed then please contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

Jun 21, 2020 4:55 AM in response to Axel Foley

Alex F

Thanks, I appreciate your thoughts. Last might I fairly easily arranged with Apple to send me a replacement; there are no Apple stores available to me and even if there were I would not enter it. Though this was a frustrating situation, Apple did try to help me though there was no solution that I could deal with. I hope they investigate the problem. I doubt I will hear about it.

Martin

How can I turn off Find My Phone if my phone cannot connect to WiFi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.