Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating my iPad to OS13

My iPad says it’s update but it’s not... it’s at OS12.4... how do I update to os13 ?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 8:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 9:00 PM

You can’t.

A 2013, 1st generation iPad Air cannot upgrade/update beyond iOS 12.4.7.

It's internal hardware is too old and too underpowered for all of the new and powerful features found in iPadOS.

If you need an iPad that can run the latest and greatest versions of iOS, as well as, the most current apps available, then, you need to purchase a new iPad from Apple or a discounted, refurbished iPad from Apple’s Refurbished & Clearance section of Apple’s Website or a new or refurbished iPad from an Apple authorised, third party retail or online reseller OR other trusted sources for new or used Apple products.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2020 9:00 PM in response to TexasUte

You can’t.

A 2013, 1st generation iPad Air cannot upgrade/update beyond iOS 12.4.7.

It's internal hardware is too old and too underpowered for all of the new and powerful features found in iPadOS.

If you need an iPad that can run the latest and greatest versions of iOS, as well as, the most current apps available, then, you need to purchase a new iPad from Apple or a discounted, refurbished iPad from Apple’s Refurbished & Clearance section of Apple’s Website or a new or refurbished iPad from an Apple authorised, third party retail or online reseller OR other trusted sources for new or used Apple products.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Updating my iPad to OS13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.