Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My airpods are not showing the firmware

So I have an iphone 8 and the generation 2 airpods with the wireless charging case. First I connect them to my phone and then go to the control center. I go to airplay but there’s no option to share audio. Next, I connect them to my phone and then go to setting, general, about, then i open the lid then wait a second and they don’t show up under SEID. Ive reset the airpods, turned my phone off all the way, waited a couple minutes then turned it back on. Ive given my airpods some time to update but i never know if they upate or if they don’t, because i cant check the firmware on them. Can anyone help?? What would cause these problems and what would be the fix. I’ve turned in a bug report to apple but nothing happened. Last night on my screen time my phone said it was on settings for 13 hours even though my phone was off. could that mean it was updating because if they did update the problem is not fixed. Also my phone is on 13.5.1. can anyone help??

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 10:23 PM

Similar questions

19 replies

My airpods are not showing the firmware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.