Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HTML email signature disappears from Mail on Mac and MacBookPro

Hi there,

The HTML signatures are disappearing from my Mail account on my MacBookPro and iMac.

They've worked fine for years but I had to wipe my MacBookPro as it was running slow. Then I set it up as a new MacBook and reloaded up the HTML signature as before (by going to the Library/Mail/signatures folder and pasting in from "Body" etc). It worked fine and signature appeared.

However, when I then opened Mail on my Mac, the signature had gone. I therefore went through the same process on my Mac and it appeared again no problem.

However, when I then opened Mail in my MacBook, it was gone again! I tried uploading it one more time, which worked, but then once again it was gone from my Mac. Now when I try to load up to Mac it won't work, the signature is just blank.

I'm not linked to iCloud and I've tried going to iCloud Drive-Options and turning off Mail (as has been advised on some similar threads) but seems to make no difference.

Apple Support don't support this apparently. I guess it's only an Apple app on two Apple products, so why would they, grr...

HELP PLEASE!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 8:38 AM

JellyDee wrote:

Hi there,

The HTML signatures are disappearing from my Mail account on my MacBookPro and iMac.

They've worked fine for years but I had to wipe my MacBookPro as it was running slow. Then I set it up as a new MacBook and reloaded up the HTML signature as before (by going to the Library/Mail/signatures folder and pasting in from "Body" etc). It worked fine and signature appeared.

However, when I then opened Mail on my Mac, the signature had gone. I therefore went through the same process on my Mac and it appeared again no problem.

However, when I then opened Mail in my MacBook, it was gone again! I tried uploading it one more time, which worked, but then once again it was gone from my Mac. Now when I try to load up to Mac it won't work, the signature is just blank.

I'm not linked to iCloud and I've tried going to iCloud Drive-Options and turning off Mail (as has been advised on some similar threads) but seems to make no difference.

Apple Support don't support this apparently. I guess it's only an Apple app on two Apple products, so why would they, grr...

HELP PLEASE!

Create and use email signatures in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

HTML signature—best tutorial on the subject:

How to Make an HTML Signature in Apple Mail for macOS ...

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2020 8:38 AM in response to JellyDee

JellyDee wrote:

Hi there,

HELP PLEASE!

Create and use email signatures in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

HTML signature—best tutorial on the subject:

How to Make an HTML Signature in Apple Mail for macOS ...

HTML email signature disappears from Mail on Mac and MacBookPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.