Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple music

how do I transfer songs downloaded from Apple music my old phone onto the new one?

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 9:07 AM

6 replies

Jul 14, 2020 5:11 AM in response to apfelkopf

Hadn't thought of that. Didn't work when I turned it on, that makes sense if a user doesn't want all these files on a different phone. I always turn it off on a new phone during set-up.

I then considered wiping everything, re-syncing from the master phone with AD on as I always have AD switched off. May be simple as that.

I did notice the download button under each Playlist. Hit that and each Playlist is now re-downloading all songs. Close enough for me. for now.

I'd been trying to figure this out, nothing from Apple Music Help on this from what I could find.

Thank you, apfelkopf! A moment of your time saved a ton of mine. I appreciate it!

Jul 14, 2020 5:22 AM in response to sherrydanfromalbany

apfelkopf gave me a clue.

Here's what worked for me. I turned on Automatic Downloads in Settings/Music. I opened each Playlist, saw the download symbol, hit that and my new phone is now downloading all songs in each playlist. Much easier than doing it individually!

If I had Automatic Downloads activated before I sync'd the new phone to the old one, it may have transfered all. Haven't tried that. Maybe a good bedtime action if you have a lot of songs. I have 8 gb's...

apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.