Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

online meaning on find my iPhone app

What does it mean when it shows someone is Online on find my app ? Does it simply mean they actively using the device ? Or is the app just activated ?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 3:57 PM

It just means that the phone has power (e.g., the battery isn't dead and the phone hasn't been turned off), and that it has an internet connection via cellular or wi-fi, and that Find My iPhone was turned on in the phone before it was lost or stolen (e.g., when you setup the phone).

It does not indicate anyone is using the device (and if you had a passcode on it that would be virtually impossible anyway).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2020 3:57 PM in response to riyaad64

It just means that the phone has power (e.g., the battery isn't dead and the phone hasn't been turned off), and that it has an internet connection via cellular or wi-fi, and that Find My iPhone was turned on in the phone before it was lost or stolen (e.g., when you setup the phone).

It does not indicate anyone is using the device (and if you had a passcode on it that would be virtually impossible anyway).

online meaning on find my iPhone app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.