Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sim slot inclussion

I have an simless ipad.... Can it possible to include a sim slot for using sim card in my ipad?

iPad Air 2, iOS 11

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 2:20 AM

2 replies

Jun 20, 2020 3:06 AM in response to GP2859

A WiFi Only iPad will always be a WiFi Only iPad. Cellular capability cannot be retrofitted - any more than additional memory can be added. The hardware configuration is fixed at time of manufacture.

Only WiFi & Cellular models of iPad include a SIM slot - and similarly include the Cellular modem.

If you have a WiFi Only model of iPad and your require cellular network connectivity, it is possible to purchase a small Cellular Modem from most Cellular Carriers - and from many electronics stores. They are often know as MiFi or Mobile Broadband - and you simply need to insert a SIM for an active Cellular Data contract. The Cellular Modem provides a WiFi hotspot, to which your iPad and other WiFi devices may connect.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Sim slot inclussion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.