Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud.com photos unavailable

All of my photos/albums/videos on iCloud.com are greyed out with triangles and exclamation marks and cannot be viewed or downloaded.

Some of my photos etc. now only exist in high resolution on iCloud.com and for those ones they are on my iPad only as low resolution versions with the exclamation mark which means I cannot save them to my PC.

I recently ran out of storage space on my 256GB iPad and on iCould.com (I have the 200GB plan). I have deleted many photos/videos and now have free space on my iPad and on iCloud.com but cannot access my photos. How can I get my photos back off iCloud.com?

How do i resolve this

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 2:46 PM

The exclamation mark just means that the photo is not the original and is just a thumb-nail. When you double click on the photo, it should download the original from the cloud.

Taking and Managing Photos - Official Apple Support

Get help with missing photos – Apple Support

3 replies

Jun 20, 2020 3:43 PM in response to zinacef

Thanks but I think you may have misunderstood. The problem is when trying to view photos etc when logged into iCloud.com via a web browser.

all photos etc. show as grey rectangles.

Double clicking on a greyed out rectangle opens up a bigger grey rectangle with no error message or anything to indicate what the problem is on iCloud.com

I suspect there is a corruption of some sort that is stopping me seeing any photo or video?

iCloud.com photos unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.