Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I record from Instagram or the voice recorder on iPhone you’re only able to hear from the ear speaker

I have the iPhone 11, when I record a regular video with the default camera it sounds super nice and loud but when I go to voice memos and record something there, I’m only able to hear through the ear speaker and it sounds very low. Same goes for when I record on my Instagram, or send voice message through Instagram, they tel me it sounds super low. It’s just weird to me because when I use the regular camera for a video it sounds loud and excellent! But when I record from Instagram or the voice recorder on iPhone you’re only able to hear from the ear speaker please help :( l

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, 13

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 8:23 AM

Hello Kilo3002.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I see that you are having audio issues when recording from apps like Voice Memos, and Instagram, but the sound is ok when using the Camera app. I will be glad to assist.

Let's restart your iPhone to see if there is any change. Next, I would delete and reinstall an app like Instagram to see if that has any effect.

Restart your iPhone

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If the issue persists, Contact Apple for support and service

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2020 8:23 AM in response to Kilo3002

Hello Kilo3002.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I see that you are having audio issues when recording from apps like Voice Memos, and Instagram, but the sound is ok when using the Camera app. I will be glad to assist.

Let's restart your iPhone to see if there is any change. Next, I would delete and reinstall an app like Instagram to see if that has any effect.

Restart your iPhone

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If the issue persists, Contact Apple for support and service

Cheers.

When I record from Instagram or the voice recorder on iPhone you’re only able to hear from the ear speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.