Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 11" 2nd generation not recognized by iTunes 12.8.2.3

Hello to all,

I am trying to synchronize a brand new iPad Pro 11" 2nd generation using my MacBookAir3,2 late 2010 : I tried initially with MacOS El Capitan, then upgraded to MacOS Sierra, then to MacOS High Sierra which is the last MacOS usable on my MB Air 3,2, all of these versions using the same ITunes version 12.8.2.3.

The iPad Pro is never recognized/mounted by iTunes, whatever the USB-C to USB-A cable used :

- two good looking expensive cables from two different stores,

- the USB-C to USB-C cable delivered with the iPad Pro with a NIMASO USB-C to USB-A adapter,

- finally the official 1 meter version of the Apple MOPHIE USB-A to USB- C cable sold on the Apple store and "Only at Apple" !

I have of course tried any USB-A port I can possibly use, on the keyboard first, then at the back of my 27' LED display and finally on the 2 USB-A ports of the MB Air, it does not make any difference…

I have spent more than one hour with the Apple support on line, and probably as much with local Apple techies, the consensus is that it is meant to work with all MacOS from El Capitan and iTunes 12.8 onwards.

Before I return the iPad Pro for diagnostic and repair, I am just checking if this problem may be already known and identified, hence not a genuine failure of my machine.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

PA

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 3:52 PM

Hello,

Please refer to the following Apple Support document.

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 26, 2020 8:00 AM in response to QuickPost

Hello,

Thanks for the answer although it does not help me at all for two reasons :

- I had looked everywhere before posting my question, and sure enough already found at once this very document.

- beside all the things described in it and which I have tried without any success, the key answer it suggests is to upgrade to the latest versions of MacOS and iTunes which, as I clearly explained in my query, I cannot do with my MacBookAir3,2 late 2010 !

During my one-hour call with one of the Apple support geek (not sure he was…), I have been clearly told that I should be able to synchronize my iPad Pro 11" 2nd generation with my MacBookAir3,2 running either El Capitan, or Sierra or High Sierra, which I have all tried successively, using iTunes 12.8.2.3, and sequentially as well with 3 different USB-A to USB-C cables, the last one being the official Mophie cable sold exclusively on the Apple store.

In short, I now only need the answers to these 3 questions :

- from Apple, is iPad Pro 11" 2nd generation definitely "synchronizable" with MacBookAir3,2 on High Sierra and iTunes 12.8.2.3 ?

- from the community, has anyone been able to do it ?

- if so, were there any initial issues like mine and some work-around ?

TIA,

PA

iPad Pro 11" 2nd generation not recognized by iTunes 12.8.2.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.