Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri: Multiple Languages?

I would like to use Siri in Italian for general tasks; but I would like Siri to read and write my iMessage messages in English. Is this possible? When I have Siri set to Italian, it tries to read my messages and render my dictations in what effectively seems like an attempt at phonetic Italian.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 7:42 PM

Thank you so much for your response, Axel!

I hope Apple changes this soon. Siri is unforgiving with poor pronunciation, which makes her a perfect practice partner when learning/practicing a foreign/second language; but comprehendible messaging is important too lol.

4 replies

Jul 1, 2020 4:46 PM in response to IamLP

I would also love to see this feature. Although it doesn’t achieve reading the message appropriately, one work around is that you can ask Siri to translate what you want to send from Italian into English. Once Siri provides the translation you can say “Send that to _____” (in Italian) and it will send the English translation to the contact you requested. Hope this helps!

Siri: Multiple Languages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.