Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I retrieve my photos from IPhoto to convert to Photo

How do I retrieve my photos from IPhoto and convert to Photo

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 10:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 11:17 PM

iPhoto uses some 32. bit code, that cannot run on Catalina. It will not be updated to run on Catalina. The last update has been the compatibility update for macOS 10.103 in 2015. The successor ist the Photos.app.

To get access to your photos in your Photos Library, open your iPhoto Library in the Photos.app.

When you launch Photos the first time, it will automatically open the last used iPhoto Library. It that does not happen and Photos opens an empty library, quit Photos, then drag the iPhoto Library from your Pictures folder onto the Photos icon.

It would have been easier to do the migration to the Photos.app while your Mac has been still running macOS 10.14 or earlier. Then you could have use iPhoto and Photos at the same time and compare the photos and albums in the new Photos Library to the previous version in iPhoto.

See more here: Updating from iPhoto to Photos for macOS – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2020 11:17 PM in response to MicheleR13

iPhoto uses some 32. bit code, that cannot run on Catalina. It will not be updated to run on Catalina. The last update has been the compatibility update for macOS 10.103 in 2015. The successor ist the Photos.app.

To get access to your photos in your Photos Library, open your iPhoto Library in the Photos.app.

When you launch Photos the first time, it will automatically open the last used iPhoto Library. It that does not happen and Photos opens an empty library, quit Photos, then drag the iPhoto Library from your Pictures folder onto the Photos icon.

It would have been easier to do the migration to the Photos.app while your Mac has been still running macOS 10.14 or earlier. Then you could have use iPhoto and Photos at the same time and compare the photos and albums in the new Photos Library to the previous version in iPhoto.

See more here: Updating from iPhoto to Photos for macOS – Apple Support

How do I retrieve my photos from IPhoto to convert to Photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.