Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ZOOM meeting using Keynote

I can not figure out how to set the Keynote presentation so that only one slide at a time shows up when I "share the screen" in a ZOOM meeting. This must be as simple as it it when I use Powerpoint, but I just can not figure it out. I'd rather use the Mac product than Powerpoint, as Msoft apps seem to be unhappy with Mac OS 10.15.5.

iMac Pro

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 11:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 2:26 PM

I've found two solutions for Keynote presentations in Zoom - sounds like several folks have posted here about wanting to combine Keynote with Zoom. In the first, you can show your slides. In the second solution below, you can run your Keynote presentation inside Zoom.

1) If you have Keynote versions up through 10.0, you can't run Keynote in Zoom but you can show slides. If you want one slide to appear at a time, just export as a PDF without selecting the builds option. If you'd like to show each bullet separately, the easiest solution I've found is to export my Keynote to PDF and, when doing so, selecting the "builds" option. Now I can show my entire presentation within Zoom by doing a share screen with the PDF. While this does lose the transitions and animations, you can show your full presentation, bullet by bullet in the sequence you've set up.

2) With version 10.1 of Keynote, Apple has now made it possible to run Keynote presentations within Zoom! Hooray! This runs the presentation in all its glory, with every beautiful slide transition, animation, and video - you're showing the full Keynote experience within Zoom.

• Launch Keynote.
  • In Keynote's Play menu, select "Play Slideshow in Window."
    • I resize the window to remove all the black areas around my presentation.
  • Now open up Zoom.
  • Select "Share Screen"
    • Make sure to click the "Optimize Screen Share for Video Clip" if you have videos and animations in your Keynote 10.1 file, and then
  • Click the blue "Share" button.

Voila! You're in business.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2020 2:26 PM in response to SeattleNan

I've found two solutions for Keynote presentations in Zoom - sounds like several folks have posted here about wanting to combine Keynote with Zoom. In the first, you can show your slides. In the second solution below, you can run your Keynote presentation inside Zoom.

1) If you have Keynote versions up through 10.0, you can't run Keynote in Zoom but you can show slides. If you want one slide to appear at a time, just export as a PDF without selecting the builds option. If you'd like to show each bullet separately, the easiest solution I've found is to export my Keynote to PDF and, when doing so, selecting the "builds" option. Now I can show my entire presentation within Zoom by doing a share screen with the PDF. While this does lose the transitions and animations, you can show your full presentation, bullet by bullet in the sequence you've set up.

2) With version 10.1 of Keynote, Apple has now made it possible to run Keynote presentations within Zoom! Hooray! This runs the presentation in all its glory, with every beautiful slide transition, animation, and video - you're showing the full Keynote experience within Zoom.

• Launch Keynote.
  • In Keynote's Play menu, select "Play Slideshow in Window."
    • I resize the window to remove all the black areas around my presentation.
  • Now open up Zoom.
  • Select "Share Screen"
    • Make sure to click the "Optimize Screen Share for Video Clip" if you have videos and animations in your Keynote 10.1 file, and then
  • Click the blue "Share" button.

Voila! You're in business.

ZOOM meeting using Keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.