Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Proximity problem on ios 13.5.1

Dear all,

I have problem with proximity sensor when I am on call and holding the phone up to my ear and it shut off the screen and the screen don’t turn on again to work with screen. Does ios 13.5.1 have any problem or not?

thank you all

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 4:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 4:52 AM

Hello Khatami_navid,

The fact that the screen does not turn back on after removing it from your ear is an issue, that is not normal.

I would recommend a force reset for starters:

• iPhone 8: On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

If this still happens, and you don't have a case that could possibly be blocking that sensor out, I strongly would recommend taking it to Apple or an Authorized Dealer to take a look.

You can start that repair here if need be: https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=home&PRKEYS=

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2020 4:52 AM in response to Khatami_navid

Hello Khatami_navid,

The fact that the screen does not turn back on after removing it from your ear is an issue, that is not normal.

I would recommend a force reset for starters:

• iPhone 8: On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

If this still happens, and you don't have a case that could possibly be blocking that sensor out, I strongly would recommend taking it to Apple or an Authorized Dealer to take a look.

You can start that repair here if need be: https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=home&PRKEYS=

Cheers!

Proximity problem on ios 13.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.