Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download apps in another country

how can I download an app in Sweden when My icloud account is setup in french ? I tried just changing the region but I get e message saying this is not the right account.

Thank you very much for your help

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 5:48 AM

How did you change your region? Did you go through the Settings > General > Country/Region?

If yes, then that only changes what you have locally on your device but not for your Apple ID.

Here's how you can change your Apple ID country Change your Apple ID country or region – Apple Support

3 replies

Jun 21, 2020 6:52 AM in response to mauibear

Might be easier to create a new Apple ID, using a VPN set to Sweden and visit

https://appleid.apple.com/account#!&page=create

After creating the new Apple ID, sign out of the iTunes & App Store under Settings > Name > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign Out > Sign in with the new Apple ID

However, you might run into issues when you switch between your current Apple ID and the new Apple ID (Sweden) as there will be a limit of 90 days before you can change accounts as per article View and remove your associated devices for purchases – Apple Support

You cannot associate this device with another Apple ID for [number] days". Depending on when you associated your device with your Apple ID, you might need to wait up to 90 days to associate the device with another Apple ID.

Download apps in another country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.