Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not enough space

If I upgrade my storage will that allow me to download more apps?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 7:45 AM

You cannot upgrade your iPhone storage. The iPhone is born and dies with the "capacity" you chose when buying it.

So, the answer is no, sorry.

In order to have more space on your device (apps are installed on your iPhone only, not on iCloud or in any other place) you need to delete some stuff on your device.

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2020 7:45 AM in response to Oaklandzoo

You cannot upgrade your iPhone storage. The iPhone is born and dies with the "capacity" you chose when buying it.

So, the answer is no, sorry.

In order to have more space on your device (apps are installed on your iPhone only, not on iCloud or in any other place) you need to delete some stuff on your device.

Regards

Giulio

Jun 21, 2020 7:44 AM in response to Oaklandzoo

If you are referring to the storage space on your iPhone, then the answer is “no” because that storage space is not upgradeable. Upgrading the storage space on iCloud wouldn’t help either for this situation.

If you need to download additional apps to your phone, you will need to get another iPhone with a greater storage capacity.

Not enough space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.