Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

install waiting software update.....not comfortable doing myself

I want to install the awaiting software update and am not comfortable doing in alone

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 10:55 AM

You said that you want to install the waiting update. Waiting implies to me that the software has already downloaded, but the overall process goes like this.

Go to Settings>General>Software Update. The device will search for the update software and alert you that there is an update available for the device and ask if would you like to download it. You accept the option to download it. Then you enter your passcode. The software is downloaded and then it begins processing and you will see Preparing Update on the screen. After it is totally ready to be installed, you will have the option to install it now or later. If you do nothing, the counter counts down ten seconds and at the end of the countdown, the update starts taking place.

The device will reboot and you will see the Apple Logo on the screen with a progress bar. When the installation is complete, the device will restart.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2020 10:55 AM in response to Nick5422

You said that you want to install the waiting update. Waiting implies to me that the software has already downloaded, but the overall process goes like this.

Go to Settings>General>Software Update. The device will search for the update software and alert you that there is an update available for the device and ask if would you like to download it. You accept the option to download it. Then you enter your passcode. The software is downloaded and then it begins processing and you will see Preparing Update on the screen. After it is totally ready to be installed, you will have the option to install it now or later. If you do nothing, the counter counts down ten seconds and at the end of the countdown, the update starts taking place.

The device will reboot and you will see the Apple Logo on the screen with a progress bar. When the installation is complete, the device will restart.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

install waiting software update.....not comfortable doing myself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.