Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Factory Reset and set up as new phone

Hi,

I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 13. I was wondering - if I factory reset it and it becomes like it was when it was taken out of the box, can I do that thing where you put the two phones together and have the apps download on the new phone? In addition, can I have all the information transfer/set up from my iPhone 5, or is it too old to set up this way?

Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 8:46 AM

Yes you can restore to factory settings if you can switch off Find My iPhone before that.

Read here -> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

To transfer data from old iPhone, read here -> Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch – Apple Support

Note:

• You need to use the same Apple ID for both devices
  • New iPhone must have the same iOS or later version than the old iPhone
  • New iPhone needs to have enough free storage to make the transfer.
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2020 8:46 AM in response to Caleb_Chong

Yes you can restore to factory settings if you can switch off Find My iPhone before that.

Read here -> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

To transfer data from old iPhone, read here -> Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch – Apple Support

Note:

• You need to use the same Apple ID for both devices
  • New iPhone must have the same iOS or later version than the old iPhone
  • New iPhone needs to have enough free storage to make the transfer.

Factory Reset and set up as new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.