Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where is my backup of i phone ios 13.5 on itunes

I did back up my iPhone XS. I was to see the contents on itunes.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 1:24 PM

follow this link

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch 

Find a list of your iOS or iPadOS backups on your Mac, PC, and iOS or iPadOS device. Learn how to delete backups, copy them, and more.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204215

You can also go to iCloud.com to view the contents

6 replies

Jun 24, 2020 3:47 PM in response to Heidelberg-1

I’m afraid you have been led astray. Once a message or message thread is deleted it cannot be recovered, unless both of these conditions are met:

1. You have NOT enabled message syncing to iCloud before the message thread was deleted
  2. The message thread is contained in a backup made before the message thread was deleted

It would have been helpful if someone told you this before you went to a lot of trouble.

Jun 24, 2020 2:43 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I should start from the beginning. I accidentally deleted a message stream. I contact APPLE. I was told to unmark the green next to messages for the icloud backup on my phone. Then download iTunes and back up. I did. I found the backup. Reincubate iphone backup were not able to open the messages on the .pdf. This is the link:

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0XT20lji6bhQBrqeBC3OPmlWA

When I contacted APPLE again today. I was told to put the slider on green next to messages on my phone for backup. Can you tell me which is correct?

I am 78. I programmed computers and taught computer classes. I usually don't have difficulty in following directions. I'd appreciate your guidance. Virginia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.