Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Difference between Apple TV Apps across devices.

I've Imported movies into my apple tv app on my Mac and they are visible in the library section, this in turn displays those movies on my apple tv app on my iPhone though located differently within the app under library. Then we have the apple tv app on my actual apple tv app which doesn't display these movies at all.

So we have three versions of the apple tv app all handling my content differently. Is this right or am I missing or configuring something incorrectly? Personally I would like all my apple tv apps to handle my content in the same way. preferably the Mac OS Apple TV way

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 2:06 PM

This seems to be about Home Sharing.

To view your Mac’s Library on your iPhone, you have to load that library instead of the default iPhone library.

To view your Mac’s Library on your Apple TV box, you should use the Computers app, instead of the TV app.

3 replies

Jun 21, 2020 2:04 PM in response to pira_path

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Sorry, I'm unable to replicate your issue. Movies are displayed in alphabetical order in the movie libraries of the TV app on my Mac, my phone, my iPad and Apple TV. The only exception to this being movies that I haven'y purchased from iTunes on my Mac which also get listed alphabetically and interspersed between purchased movies on the Mac but don't get synced to other devices.

Difference between Apple TV Apps across devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.