You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad air 64gb or 256gb

Hey, I want to buy the ipad air but can’t decide which storage space to take.

My main use is Netflix, notes, amateur photoshopping, calendar organisation and mostly administrative activities.

Will the 64gb be enough, or should I get the 256?

tnx ppl 

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 12:09 AM

4 replies

Jun 22, 2020 12:13 AM in response to noam139

Only you can answer that, I'm afraid. The difference is space. So it's one thing to tell us you do amateur photoshopping, but how much? One shot per week? Or hundreds? Do these images then reside for ever on the device? Or are they moved on from there? From what you describe of your other activities, 64 is fine.

Jun 22, 2020 2:58 AM in response to noam139

As others have already observed, only you can determine if 64GB is adequate for your needs.

By modern standards, 64GB storage really isn’t a lot. It’s really easy to use this much storage without trying. Even if you keep most of your data elsewhere, downloading and manipulating images only to work on them, you are very likely to exhaust available storage.

Consider that you cannot add more local storage to you iPad. What you have is with the iPad for the life of the iPad. It’s better to find that you have more storage than you need, than to need more storage than you have.

Ipad air 64gb or 256gb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.