Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving message “you have been blocked from originating messages to ##########”

While successfully sending and receiving iMessages with a friend, all of a sudden I will receive the message “you have been blocked from originating messages to....” and my message will not be delivered, even as a text message.

Any ideas what is happening and if the problem is on my end or the other person? When I get the message, I have been receiving 3 of them simultaneously.

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 5:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 9:37 AM

Hello DebbieGil,

Thanks for reaching out here in Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, it appears you’re having trouble sending text messages as expected to a friend. Is that right? I’ll be happy to assist.

You mentioned that you receive a message that you’ve been blocked from originating messages to the contact. Just to confirm, do you receive this message when sending text to multiple contacts, in different conversations? 

Were you blocked from sending messages to this contact at any time previously? 

Are you connected via Wi-Fi or cellular when this occurs?

Have you tried restarting your device to see if that helps?

If this is isolated to this specific contact, have you tried testing the issue in a new conversation thread with your friend? 

Also, take a look at the steps listed in the following article.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers! 

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2020 9:37 AM in response to DebbieGil

Hello DebbieGil,

Thanks for reaching out here in Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, it appears you’re having trouble sending text messages as expected to a friend. Is that right? I’ll be happy to assist.

You mentioned that you receive a message that you’ve been blocked from originating messages to the contact. Just to confirm, do you receive this message when sending text to multiple contacts, in different conversations? 

Were you blocked from sending messages to this contact at any time previously? 

Are you connected via Wi-Fi or cellular when this occurs?

Have you tried restarting your device to see if that helps?

If this is isolated to this specific contact, have you tried testing the issue in a new conversation thread with your friend? 

Also, take a look at the steps listed in the following article.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers! 

Jun 27, 2020 9:34 AM in response to DebbieGil

Thanks for the updated information, DebbieGil.

I would have your contact check their block details on their end. If you were blocked at any time, maybe they can try blocking you, and then unblocking to test.

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Should the issue continue, it may be a good idea to reach out to Apple Support directly. That way they can help take a closer look.

Contact Apple Support

Regards.

Jun 27, 2020 7:10 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Yes, It appears that I am blocked to this one contact, after iMessaging with this person successfully. We may go back and forth successfully for many texts, then all of a sudden I am blocked, and the message will not be delivered as an iMessage OR as a text message.

I have been connected through WiFi, I don’t believe I’ve tried cellular only.

I have restarted my phone, and a new thread as well. Only when I have tried on a different day, we can iMessage, and then I get the Not delivered, issue again.

Receiving message “you have been blocked from originating messages to ##########”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.