Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad Mini - Notes keeps going back to the top

Been using Notes successfully throughout lockdown (i.e. from 24th March) but today, when I'm writing Notes using the Apple Pencil, I keep getting bounced to the top of the note. When I scroll back down and start writing again it does the same thing. I also tried typing using the on screen keyboard and the same thing happens. It starts to happen as soon as I moved down the note - if that makes sense.

I've searched the Community. as a result I've tried turning off and restarting. I've turned off back up to iCloud and back on again. I've switched off Zoom and switched off Follow Focus.

Any other suggestions as it is driving me crazy. I'm using iPadOS 13.5.1

Thank you!

iPad mini, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 9:13 AM

3 replies

Jun 23, 2020 10:13 AM in response to QuickPost

I thought about that - so have tried writing in lots of different positions and making sure my hand was clear of the screen and it still does it. I even tried changing the colour and thickness of the Pencil in case it was that. And I've charged up the Pencil and paired it again to my ipad in case it was a connection problem. Now I am back to using good old pen and paper - a shame as I absolutely loved the Notes app and Apple Pencil. Really disappointed in Apple, this is my first ever ipad and I have to say probably my last!

ipad Mini - Notes keeps going back to the top

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.