Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't use email on MacBook Pro

I just changed my email/access password for one of my email accounts. I have successfully changed the password on my phone and it allows me to send and receive emails. On my MacBook Pro I can only send emails, I can't receive emails. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dennis

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 10:05 AM

Sure, Dennis.....a few ideas....

Mac Mail has a built in connection doctor, run that... if something's wrong the light will be red rather than green, and clicking on the area with the red light might tell you something. Also the Default email protocol for Mac Mac is IMAP rather than POP. You may have to go into Mail, then Preferences, then server settings and use the same ones that are on your phone. If your ISP (internet service provider) has a web site/web page, most of them do....there should be a section there under support, then email, and the correct email settings should be listed there, including what port settings to use and if TLS/SSL should be on or not, and various other important things

well, that's all I have for today

jon b

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2020 10:05 AM in response to Dnnswrld

Sure, Dennis.....a few ideas....

Mac Mail has a built in connection doctor, run that... if something's wrong the light will be red rather than green, and clicking on the area with the red light might tell you something. Also the Default email protocol for Mac Mac is IMAP rather than POP. You may have to go into Mail, then Preferences, then server settings and use the same ones that are on your phone. If your ISP (internet service provider) has a web site/web page, most of them do....there should be a section there under support, then email, and the correct email settings should be listed there, including what port settings to use and if TLS/SSL should be on or not, and various other important things

well, that's all I have for today

jon b

can't use email on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.