Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad 2 is unresponsive does not allow my password to be entered

my ipad 2 shows the screen for the password to be entered but is unresponsive after i enter my password ,it says jkl

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 11:32 AM

Try a "forced" restart of your iPad:

• iPad models with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.
  • iPad models with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

Regards

Giulio

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2020 11:32 AM in response to drsford2

Try a "forced" restart of your iPad:

• iPad models with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.
  • iPad models with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

Regards

Giulio

ipad 2 is unresponsive does not allow my password to be entered

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.