Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TikTok link opens in Safari instead of the app

My friend would send me a TikTok link in iMessage and it would normally open in the app because I have the app. Now I just opens in Safari and I don’t know how to stop it or fix it.

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 2:45 PM

So I just fixed this problem on my iPhone by accident. I copied the TikTok link from iMessage and pasted in the notes app. THEN click and hold on the link and select “Open in TikTok app” from the popup menu. Now all my TikTok links open in the TikTok app by default once again. 😀

23 replies

Nov 17, 2020 3:47 PM in response to dajhanara

Just tried something and it worked for me! I clicked the link and it opened in Safari, then scrolled up a bit more until a button showed up across from the Tik Tok app logo that was BLUE and said OPEN, and not the pink one that's below it on the web page, and clicked that and it opened the tik tok in Tik Tok. I closed the Safari tab & opened the link in iMessage and it opened it in Tik Tok by default!

Hope this works for y'all too!

Jun 25, 2020 2:33 PM in response to dajhanara

Hi dajhanara,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that previously when you were sent a TikTok link via Messages the link would open in the TikTok app; now it seems that when you tap on the link it will open in Safari. We can see why you'd reach out about this; we'd like to help. First, we'd recommend trying a "long press" on the link in Messages, this should open a menu with different options for accessing the link. If given the option, select to open the link in TikTok.

If you don't have the option to do this, try these steps next:

Let us know what you find.

Best Regards.

TikTok link opens in Safari instead of the app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.