Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screenshotting on Safari

Whenever i try and screenshot something on my ipad on safari, i am kicked off the app and have to open and reload it when i do and it’s becoming pretty annoying. i normally use chrome but i want to transfer onto safari but it is hard when i cannot do the thing i do most and has become an instinct/habit of mine. thank u.

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 4:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 5:18 AM

Screenshot timing of buttons is critical.

Assuming that your iPad has a Home button - to trigger a screenshot, you simultaneously press both the “top” (Sleep/Wake) button and the Home Button. If the timing isn’t right, something other than a screenshot is acheived.

So, to break this down to reliable sequence that consistently works...

1) Press-and-hold the Top Button

2) Press-and-release the Home Button

3) Release the Top Button

Now, press the buttons in the stated sequence - quickly; the screenshot is triggered at (2). After a little practice, the sequence becomes second-nature - and you will trigger a reliable screenshot every time.

I hope this insight and clarification proves to be helpful.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2020 5:18 AM in response to tolu_

Screenshot timing of buttons is critical.

Assuming that your iPad has a Home button - to trigger a screenshot, you simultaneously press both the “top” (Sleep/Wake) button and the Home Button. If the timing isn’t right, something other than a screenshot is acheived.

So, to break this down to reliable sequence that consistently works...

1) Press-and-hold the Top Button

2) Press-and-release the Home Button

3) Release the Top Button

Now, press the buttons in the stated sequence - quickly; the screenshot is triggered at (2). After a little practice, the sequence becomes second-nature - and you will trigger a reliable screenshot every time.

I hope this insight and clarification proves to be helpful.

Screenshotting on Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.