Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone X screen turns green with green lines, then goes black

This problem happened for the first time a few hours ago, and it has happened several times already.

1. First, the phone will suddenly stop responding to my touch.
  2. The screen freezes and there's some sort of green overlay on the screen with green lines.
  3. After a few seconds, the screen just turns black.

Once this happens, the phone still seems to be working in the background. The sounds are still there. The vibrations are still there. I can still use Siri. But the screen just won't turn on. Whenever this happens, the area under the camera seems to get a bit hot.

Force restarting doesn't help much. I can force restart it but the screen still stays black. I need to wait a few minutes up to an hour before the screen suddenly works again. But then it will freeze again after I use it for a bit.

Anyone know about this issue? My warranty is long gone, and I don't know how much it will cost to have the screen fixed.

Picture of the green overlay:

iPhone X

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 8:53 PM

It will be covered since it is a flaw with the screen... contact support it’s up in the right corner of this page.

Similar questions

2 replies

My iPhone X screen turns green with green lines, then goes black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.