Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pokémon go won’t work after iOS update

After updating to iOS13.5.1, I am no longer able to turn on Pokémon go. It quits immediately after starting. I have an iPhone 8 64GB. All other apps work fine. I have written to Niantic support but no answer. I have reset and hard reset my device. I have also deleted and reinstalled Pokémon Go - still doesn’t work. I tried to back up and erased my phone and reinstalled, doesn’t work either. The only way to get it to work was to completely erase my phone and do a new set up. After signing in my ID, I downloaded just Pokémon Go (and no other apps) and Pokémon Go would appear. I didn’t set it up because I’ll need all my other apps and data back.! So when I restored from the back up, Pokémon Go wouldn’t work again!!! What is going on? 

iPhone 8

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 1:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 6:56 PM

To be more specific with the new update it looks like they created English categories for the US and a few other countries like they originally had for the UK and Australia. So if you’re from the US you have to specifically select English (US) or the app will not load. Apple needs to fess up to their mistakes and get rid of the blanket English choice since they now have a location option

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2020 6:56 PM in response to Tongkat

To be more specific with the new update it looks like they created English categories for the US and a few other countries like they originally had for the UK and Australia. So if you’re from the US you have to specifically select English (US) or the app will not load. Apple needs to fess up to their mistakes and get rid of the blanket English choice since they now have a location option

Aug 19, 2020 7:02 AM in response to Kurtosis12

So it turns out that Apple is the one responsible si le for this issue - do you think they’ll admit it? Who knows. So it was my middle son who solved the issue. What he did was he change the OS language to something else and then back to English. At this point Apple News app appears again (this was the other issue, the News App disappeared when I upgraded to the new IOS earlier). He then played around with the location services in Pokémon app and turned it back on and voilà - everything is back to normal. This whole experience has been annoying because there was a lot of finger pointing and quite frankly apple should have fou d the solution and fixed it! Niantic should also post on their website this fix... now let me get back to evolving another Magikarp!!

Pokémon go won’t work after iOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.