Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the HomePod work with WPA3 Personal

I recently bought a HomePod and its software version was 11.2.5.

It would not connect to my Synology RT2600AC router & I narrowed down the reason to the WiFi security settings. The router was set to use WPA2/WPA3 Personal.

Now we also have Apple TV & its software version is 13.4.6 and it works fine.

I have now updated the HomePod software to 13.4.6 and so my question is - will it now work with WPA2/WPA3 Personal or do I have to set it to just WPA2 Personal?

Thank you for any help.

HomePod

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 2:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 4:19 AM

In the support article If you can’t set up HomePod - Apple Support there is no mention of WPA3. However one would expect that in WPA2/WPA3 Personal mode your router would accept connections using either protocol, with WPA3 used when the device supports it. In principle you shouldn't need to change the mode of your router to WPA2 only, but it might be a workaround if you have issues with the other setting.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2020 4:19 AM in response to cnhridgway

In the support article If you can’t set up HomePod - Apple Support there is no mention of WPA3. However one would expect that in WPA2/WPA3 Personal mode your router would accept connections using either protocol, with WPA3 used when the device supports it. In principle you shouldn't need to change the mode of your router to WPA2 only, but it might be a workaround if you have issues with the other setting.

tt2

Does the HomePod work with WPA3 Personal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.