Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to run older app version of Youtube on iPod Touch 1st gen and iPad v.9.3.5? Both worked ipod Mar20 , iPad until y/day both machines are still in great order

Hi, until March YouTube ran via app on my 1st gen iPod Touch, and after that it still worked via Safari, but not anymore.

Also on YouTube worked fine on my iPad v.9.3.5 until yesterday, but now send you in a loop insisting the app be updated, but then not updating, it will still play via Safari but I imagine that will stop soon too.

I understand the OS has advanced and new apps are now running iOS, which I use on other devices, but both the iPod touch and iPad are still working well and it seems wrong to throw them away when the old apps could still be available for those who have the older machines, in particular the chrome iPod touch which is more grown up looking than the current versions :) Is there any way or app to keep these YouTube able?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 5:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 11:23 AM

Hello,

I am sorry, no.

1 reply

Is there a way to run older app version of Youtube on iPod Touch 1st gen and iPad v.9.3.5? Both worked ipod Mar20 , iPad until y/day both machines are still in great order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.