Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get pictures that weren’t backed up from a dead phone?

My phone randomly stopped working, it won’t turn on or charge even after hanging chargers. I have tried the resetting button thing and it still won’t do anything. I have a ton of pictures that I unfortunately did not back up but those pictures popped up when I was backing up my iPad then they disappeared.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 1:33 PM

Jess0394 wrote:

My phone randomly stopped working, it won’t turn on or charge even after hanging chargers. I have tried the resetting button thing and it still won’t do anything. I have a ton of pictures that I unfortunately did not back up but those pictures popped up when I was backing up my iPad then they disappeared.

Real short answer is, you don't. Dead is dead.

Were you syncing photos with iCloud? Check at icloud.com with the same Apple ID.

Did you perhaps have automatic backups enabled for iCloud?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2020 1:33 PM in response to Jess0394

Jess0394 wrote:

Real short answer is, you don't. Dead is dead.

Were you syncing photos with iCloud? Check at icloud.com with the same Apple ID.

Did you perhaps have automatic backups enabled for iCloud?

Jun 24, 2020 1:39 PM in response to Jess0394

Are you sure you didn’t do ANY of these ways of preserving photos?

• iCloud photo sync
  • iCloud backup
  • iTunes backup
  • Transfer your photos to your computer via USB cable
  • Apple Photo Stream
  • Sync to Google Photos
  • Sync to some other photo archiving service such as Shutterfly
  • Sync to Dropbox
  • Sync to box.com
  • Sync to Microsoft OneDrive
  • Sync to Amazon Photos
  • back up to Livedrive
  • Backup to any other backup or archiving service

If the answer is no to all of the above your photos are gone forever.

How can I get pictures that weren’t backed up from a dead phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.