Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set up Mail to use @me instead of @icloud on iOS 13?

I have been experiencing issues with my iPhone and decided to restore it and set up as a new device. After doing so, I found that Mail no longer behaves the same. In iOS 12 I was able to pick a default alias to use when composing new messages and that setting seemed to carry over when I updated to iOS 13.

after restoring I am only finding the setting to pick a default Mail account, but no way to select a specific alias on that account.

I use my legacy email address from my .Mac and MobileMe days for professional correspondence and to communicate with friends and family I haven’t seen in 15 years.

I don’t want to look sloppy or rude by sending Mail from an @icloud address that nobody is expecting, so how do I get Mail to behave like it used to?

iPhone X

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 4:47 PM

Use a web browser and login at www.icloud.com and click on mail, then the settings icon in the lower left. Then preferences, composing and see what the “send from” address is set to there.

5 replies

Jun 24, 2020 6:38 PM in response to zinacef

This was happening only on my iPhone and iPad. None of my Macs seemed affected because they have a specific toggle in the Mail settings that allows me to select one email account as the default when composing new messages.

I followed the instructions from a second reply that came shortly after your own and it looks like making the change in webmail settings on iCloud.com (which I never used to access my email before) pushes the setting to iOS and iPadOS.

How to set up Mail to use @me instead of @icloud on iOS 13?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.