Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dot on Camera

Hello, I have had my IPhone 11 Pro Max for about 6 months. About a month ago I was taking some pictures and noticed a faint black dot on my camera. it does not take up the whole screen it’s about a centimeter. I have searched this up and some resources day that possibly it’s dust. I would like to know how I could fix this at home or I need to go to the store. Thank you!

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 2:58 AM

had the same problem, could cure it myself. hold your phone vertically, ie loudness keys pointing to the floor. knock firmly and often with a plastic pen on the back of your phone close to the lens. check whether the dust moves. if not, vary the angle. with the correct angle and some patience, you should be able to move your dust particle to outside the visible picture. be careful not to scratch and not to break anything. patience is key.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2020 2:58 AM in response to slane0612

had the same problem, could cure it myself. hold your phone vertically, ie loudness keys pointing to the floor. knock firmly and often with a plastic pen on the back of your phone close to the lens. check whether the dust moves. if not, vary the angle. with the correct angle and some patience, you should be able to move your dust particle to outside the visible picture. be careful not to scratch and not to break anything. patience is key.

Dot on Camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.