Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I download and sync music onto my iPhone from the iPad Pro?

I see that we can connect devices onto there and was wondering if we can sync music just like on the MacBook

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 1:55 PM

No. iPads don't support direct syncing with other iOS devices.

You can download purchased content from the iTunes store directly on other iOS devices using the same Apple ID: Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books - Apple Support

For music previously synced from a computer to the iPad, you will need to also sync the iPhone to the computer.

If you don't have a computer anymore, then Apple Music or iTunes Match will not do anything since the source of the music for either of those must be a computer with iTunes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2020 1:55 PM in response to HanieG

No. iPads don't support direct syncing with other iOS devices.

You can download purchased content from the iTunes store directly on other iOS devices using the same Apple ID: Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books - Apple Support

For music previously synced from a computer to the iPad, you will need to also sync the iPhone to the computer.

If you don't have a computer anymore, then Apple Music or iTunes Match will not do anything since the source of the music for either of those must be a computer with iTunes.

Can I download and sync music onto my iPhone from the iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.