Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery issues on iPhone 4s

Hi. I have an iPhone 4s with iOS 9.3.6 and I'm having issues with my battery. At the beginning, the battery just drained very quickly, so I changed it by a new one. But now a new problem has appear. The phone is not showing the correct battery percentage. Its stuck. Even if I use it, or if I leave it charging. The battery doesn't change. I have tried to restart it, but then the phone starts restarting constantly, every 5 minutes.... Even for hours. It doesn't stop. I reset the factory settings, but that didn't work. What should I do??

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 6:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 12:35 AM

I kept looking for solutions... So I tried to flash my iPhone. But after downloading iOS 9.3.5 and start flashing, the message ERROR 29 appeared. And here is what I guess it could be the answer:

Problem with the Battery - If you have changed the battery of your device, this can be the problem because you got error 29. To fix the error 29, you need to replace your battery with the original one, and start the restore / update process again.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2020 12:35 AM in response to Magician_Kiff

I kept looking for solutions... So I tried to flash my iPhone. But after downloading iOS 9.3.5 and start flashing, the message ERROR 29 appeared. And here is what I guess it could be the answer:

Problem with the Battery - If you have changed the battery of your device, this can be the problem because you got error 29. To fix the error 29, you need to replace your battery with the original one, and start the restore / update process again.

Battery issues on iPhone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.