Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is iTunes downloading duplicates of all my podcasts?

I have saved copies of all my podcasts on my Macbook Pro. Today, iTunes duplicated every one of the podcasts, and started downloading them again! Why? How do I make it stop? I don't want to lose my saved podcasts.

And, I don't use the cloud, or have another connected device. Just this computer. So what is going on?

I still can't get them to play automatically in the correct order (oldest to newest) no matter WHAT setting, but that's been a problem since 2000.

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 7:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 6:06 PM

Not really necessary to go to those lengths.

Fixed it.

So, for anyone who is looking for an answer to this:

I unsubscribed from the affected Podcast.

Then I highlighted all the podcasts (Click & Shift-Click to highlight them all), right-click to get menu to "Remove from Library". Then I deleted the actual files from the finder and emptied the trash.

Then I re-subscribed, downloaded all the podcasts again. This time I only got 1 copy.

Thank heavens I have a fast, basically unlimited internet connection otherwise I would be VERY UPSET @ APPLE that I have to waste my time and money. Also lucky it wasn't my 200 episodes of SYSK.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2020 6:06 PM in response to TheLittles

Not really necessary to go to those lengths.

Fixed it.

So, for anyone who is looking for an answer to this:

I unsubscribed from the affected Podcast.

Then I highlighted all the podcasts (Click & Shift-Click to highlight them all), right-click to get menu to "Remove from Library". Then I deleted the actual files from the finder and emptied the trash.

Then I re-subscribed, downloaded all the podcasts again. This time I only got 1 copy.

Thank heavens I have a fast, basically unlimited internet connection otherwise I would be VERY UPSET @ APPLE that I have to waste my time and money. Also lucky it wasn't my 200 episodes of SYSK.

Jul 5, 2020 8:49 PM in response to Ellyenne

Ellyenne Said:

"Why is iTunes downloading duplicates of all my podcasts?"

-------

A Corrupt macOS:

The macOS may have become manipulated, technically. So, to fix that...

Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled, respectively. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Important:

Create a Time Machine Backup, First:

Prior to the re-installation of your macOS, be certain to backup your Mac using a Time Machine Backup. That way, you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Use an external hard drive that is at least 1.5 the total storage capacity.

Why is iTunes downloading duplicates of all my podcasts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.