Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to edit my Health info on Mac and then transfer it to iPhone Health app

I want to use the Health app for my personal health info; I KNOW I can input it on the iPhone directly but it's more difficult to do on the small keyboard, and the interface jumps around on the screen, making it more challenging.

Does anyone know an easy way I can type the info on my Macbook Pro and then move it to the Medical details section of my health profile? Could not find a way to do this searching in Support. Thanks in advance

HM

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 4:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 12:14 PM

IdrisSeabright wrote: "There are two ways to add information to the Health app: 1) through an app that syncs to it (e.g. Strava) or 2) by typing it in manually. While the app has an export function, it doesn't have any import capabilities at this time."

There's a third way via iOS's Shortcuts app – see this screenshot:

...I tried playing around with those actions and, even though I'm familiar with Shortcuts, found them overly complicated.

HM: Shortcuts app is worth becoming familiar with, but doesn't appear to offer a a way to update Medical details – only log data types, e.g. Blood Glucose, Blood Pressure, etc. The AirDrop approach would allow you to copy & paste the text from Mac into Medical details in iPhone's Health app.

õ¿õ¬

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2020 12:14 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

IdrisSeabright wrote: "There are two ways to add information to the Health app: 1) through an app that syncs to it (e.g. Strava) or 2) by typing it in manually. While the app has an export function, it doesn't have any import capabilities at this time."

There's a third way via iOS's Shortcuts app – see this screenshot:

...I tried playing around with those actions and, even though I'm familiar with Shortcuts, found them overly complicated.

HM: Shortcuts app is worth becoming familiar with, but doesn't appear to offer a a way to update Medical details – only log data types, e.g. Blood Glucose, Blood Pressure, etc. The AirDrop approach would allow you to copy & paste the text from Mac into Medical details in iPhone's Health app.

õ¿õ¬

Jun 25, 2020 9:55 AM in response to NJpsychout

NJpsychout wrote:

but I specifically need to find a way to add text to the Health app without typing into it.

There are two ways to add information to the Health app: 1) through an app that syncs to it (e.g. Strava) or 2) by typing it in manually. While the app has an export function, it doesn't have any import capabilities at this time.

How to edit my Health info on Mac and then transfer it to iPhone Health app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.