Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro compatible external monitors

I have a MacBook Pro - can anyone advise me on compatible external monitors I could use with it?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 6:34 AM

There are hundreds of compatible external monitors. Decide on your requirements then choose one. We don't know what your requirements are such as: refresh rate, size, weight, poratbility, extendability, built-in components, resolution, sharpness, color, connectivity, power, ...

Narrow down your requirements then pick a monitor that meets your requirements.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2020 6:34 AM in response to Fran_g_s

There are hundreds of compatible external monitors. Decide on your requirements then choose one. We don't know what your requirements are such as: refresh rate, size, weight, poratbility, extendability, built-in components, resolution, sharpness, color, connectivity, power, ...

Narrow down your requirements then pick a monitor that meets your requirements.

Jun 25, 2020 7:04 AM in response to Fran_g_s

Piggybacking on Bobthefisherman, with one possible exception every display made today is going to be compatible with a Mac. The sole possible exception would be the ultra-wide and curved displays. If you stick with a standard display shape your MBP should support it. Depending on specific model you own and which display you select you may need a dongle to use the display.

I spent about 3 months looking for a new display (I’m picky and wanted to see the displays in person). One thing I discovered right away is that the physical size of the display is much less important than the resolutions supported by the display. The upshot of this is that you have to look deeper than just saying, “I think I want a 30” display.” If you choose a 30” display with a low maximum resolution you may not be at all happy with it.

MacBook Pro compatible external monitors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.