Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I started using iCloud to back up my photos but am now missing large numbers of photos despite never deleting them from my library. I am unable to find them anywhere. Is there a size limit for a photo library? I can see some videos from the same time

I am looking for help to recover photos. A few months ago I started using iCloud with my photos. I went to look for photos from 2011 and they are gone. I never deleted these photos and as I look a little more I find huge chunks of time missing but some videos from that time are still visible. I have no idea what happened but I am blown away. I have a large library of photos going back to 2002 so do not know if there are size limits etc.

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 9:09 AM

Define started using icloud:

Do you mean this What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

This Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

or this My Photo Stream - Apple Support

See if this helps Get help with missing photos - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

I started using iCloud to back up my photos but am now missing large numbers of photos despite never deleting them from my library. I am unable to find them anywhere. Is there a size limit for a photo library? I can see some videos from the same time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.