Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to screen shot on my MacBook Pro?

Hello y'all!

I am wondering how to screen shot on my MacBook Pro. Yes I have googled it and gone on the apple website and have not been able to get the screen shots with clicking command, shift 3. Has anyone ever had this issue?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 2:13 PM

Command-Shift-3 is the default keyboard shortcut for capturing the whole screen. By default, it will be saved to your desktop.

There is also Command-Shift-4 for capturing any rectangular area.

You can also launch the Screenshots application with Command-Shift-5. This will let you choose options, capture screenshots or make screen recordings, and more.

If these are not working for you, take a look at System Preferences->Keyboard->Shortcuts->Screenshots:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2020 2:13 PM in response to ginny0815

Command-Shift-3 is the default keyboard shortcut for capturing the whole screen. By default, it will be saved to your desktop.

There is also Command-Shift-4 for capturing any rectangular area.

You can also launch the Screenshots application with Command-Shift-5. This will let you choose options, capture screenshots or make screen recordings, and more.

If these are not working for you, take a look at System Preferences->Keyboard->Shortcuts->Screenshots:

How to screen shot on my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.