Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When trying to update to Catalina I get: " A copy of the install macOS Catalina.app application is damaged and cannot be used to install macOS " So how can I update if the app is damaged ???

My question is for MacBook pro support OS Catalina

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 11:16 AM

Thanks Phil. That solved my problem. 10Hrs later after backing up my computer and then downloading Catalina. I was able to get on my laptop top work.

One major concern though. The matchbook pro seems to heat up a lot easier now. The fans are coming on a lot. Can you tell me if there is an issue with the Catalina OS with the heating issue ? I have noticed a few other comments to that effect also.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2020 11:16 AM in response to Phil0124

Thanks Phil. That solved my problem. 10Hrs later after backing up my computer and then downloading Catalina. I was able to get on my laptop top work.

One major concern though. The matchbook pro seems to heat up a lot easier now. The fans are coming on a lot. Can you tell me if there is an issue with the Catalina OS with the heating issue ? I have noticed a few other comments to that effect also.

Jun 27, 2020 10:29 AM in response to Photobear7458

Catalina is a bit more CPU intensive, which by definition generates heat. This means the fans will come on more to reduce that heat.

It should not cause any real issues however. It should also be reduced as time goes buy and all the post installation processes such as indexing and optimization complete and are not running concurrently.

When trying to update to Catalina I get: " A copy of the install macOS Catalina.app application is damaged and cannot be used to install macOS " So how can I update if the app is damaged ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.