Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari not playing Apple TV+, Netflix, and Prime Video. Audio is OK. Chrome has no problems!

Hi,

This has been a recurring problem with Safari and it's at a point where I'm going to make Chrome my primary browser much to my chagrin. All the updates are in place for both the iMac (2019 27" I5) Catalina 10.15.5 and this Safari 13.1.1. Plugin for Adobe Flash Player is checked with version 32.0.0.387. Already cleared history and cache. Content blockers are off,

Again, I have no problems watching video on Chrome and Firefox. So, what's the problem Apple?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 4:49 PM

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your recommendations.

The additional admin didn't work.

No worries because I fixed it. My additional monitor (older Lenovo 21" monitor on DVI) that I had hooked up via USB CableMatters DisplayLink was the culprit. Somehow the latest drivers conflicted with the display settings on the main screen. I unhooked it from the USB, reboot, and AppleTV videos now play, Safari has no issues with xFinity, Netflix, and Amazon Prime Video.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2020 4:49 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your recommendations.

The additional admin didn't work.

No worries because I fixed it. My additional monitor (older Lenovo 21" monitor on DVI) that I had hooked up via USB CableMatters DisplayLink was the culprit. Somehow the latest drivers conflicted with the display settings on the main screen. I unhooked it from the USB, reboot, and AppleTV videos now play, Safari has no issues with xFinity, Netflix, and Amazon Prime Video.

Jun 26, 2020 11:44 AM in response to DLG777

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account    

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

Safari not playing Apple TV+, Netflix, and Prime Video. Audio is OK. Chrome has no problems!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.