Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWatch Built-in apps not downloading/installing after reset

Hi, I've received my first iWatch yesterday. I managed to link the watch with my iPhone SE 2020 and the watch is configured. I notice that most of the built-in apps are unavailable. Their icons remain black-ish with a lighter colour ring around it. When I click one, after a while I get the message that the 'app cannot be downloaded at this time, try again later.'

Strange thing is that the custom apps, such as spotify and evernote are downloaded and work just fine. I've unpaired watch/phone twice already to no avail. Also enforcing to let the watch use wifi instead of BT by putting the phone in airplane mode does not help. What can I do to get things rolling?

Apple Watch

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 12:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 3:07 AM

I contacted Apple Support and they advised me to do a hard reset (press crown and button at the same time until apple logo appears): all apps are there now.

Similar questions

1 reply

iWatch Built-in apps not downloading/installing after reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.