Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder Window Black, Toolbar Icons all grey

I am not sure what I did but I now have a black background in all my finder windows and the side of the finder window is also black. The icons in my top toolbar are no longer color but grey. I have gone into the view options for the finder but it doesn't seem to be changing anything. In some windows I cannot even see anything because the text is a light grey. I also checked system preferences in the general tab and the dark menu bar and dock are not set to dark. I need to be able to see what I am doing and I want the finder the default way. I also deleted the finder.plist and the only thing that did was change my desktop icons. I would appreciate any help. I have enclosed images. I have OS Sierra 10.3.6. Thanks.

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 10:22 AM

Were we sure about your OS version we would suggest you look at System Preferences > Accessibility and turn off "invert colors," but your OS version info is ambiguous. You wrote

I have OS Sierra 10.3.6.

but Sierra is 10.12 and "10.3" is Panther, discontinued in 2005. Please help us clear up the ambiguity. It can seriously affect the quality of advice you get here if you leave that unresolved.

What Mac model? You found the forum section for reporting problems using the forum software, not one of the technical help sections. If you tell us your Mac model we can ask the Hosts to move you to a forum section dedicated to that model. It will be much more active than this one, and you get the most views and fastest help.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2020 10:22 AM in response to sroussie

Were we sure about your OS version we would suggest you look at System Preferences > Accessibility and turn off "invert colors," but your OS version info is ambiguous. You wrote

I have OS Sierra 10.3.6.

but Sierra is 10.12 and "10.3" is Panther, discontinued in 2005. Please help us clear up the ambiguity. It can seriously affect the quality of advice you get here if you leave that unresolved.

What Mac model? You found the forum section for reporting problems using the forum software, not one of the technical help sections. If you tell us your Mac model we can ask the Hosts to move you to a forum section dedicated to that model. It will be much more active than this one, and you get the most views and fastest help.

Finder Window Black, Toolbar Icons all grey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.