Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Major heat issues with MacBook Pro 16

I have a MacBook Pro 16 with i9 2.3Ghz, 64GB RAM 1TB SSD, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB. MacOS Catalina 10.15.5.

Over heat problem is getting worst and noisy fans are going high speed. Problem arrive with any of my software up to date even one at a time: ProTools, FinalCutPro, LogicPro, Smaart and sometimes even without any software.

So I have the same issues than The question posted on Apr 30, 2020 by TheBouncer who didnt get following solution.

Is Apple can fix the major heat problem by replacing the AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB?

Is the AMD Radeon Pro 5300M with 4GB will have the same issue?

Anyone had this MacBookPro major heat fixed?

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 11:47 AM

That model MacBook Pro has far more compute power and far more graphics power than anything that came before it. Temperatures about 60 degrees C are of no concern. if you are pushing your MacBook Pro hard with professional software such as the titles you listed, some fan noise is expected behavior.

If you are seeing temperatures approaching 100 degrees C, your computer may be malfunctioning, and may need service.

¿are you also running an external display?

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2020 11:47 AM in response to rolly240

That model MacBook Pro has far more compute power and far more graphics power than anything that came before it. Temperatures about 60 degrees C are of no concern. if you are pushing your MacBook Pro hard with professional software such as the titles you listed, some fan noise is expected behavior.

If you are seeing temperatures approaching 100 degrees C, your computer may be malfunctioning, and may need service.

¿are you also running an external display?

Major heat issues with MacBook Pro 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.