Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sim card

my phone is not accepting my sim . picture attached. is my phone locked ?

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 9:59 AM

Locked to a different carrier, yes.

The problem is that only that carrier can unlock that device, if you're eligible, as per this support guide:--> How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

11 replies

Jun 26, 2020 11:09 AM in response to hina176

Check your iPhone Serial Number or IMEI number. You can find them using these instructions:--> Find the serial number or IMEI on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

With one or those numbers, contact Apple Support, asking "what carrier is this iPhone locked to?". Apple Care or Apple support can be reached using this link:--> Get Support

When you get the answer, contact that carrier and ask them if your iPhone can be unlocked.

Regards

Giulio

Jun 26, 2020 10:03 AM in response to hina176

YOU can not unlock it.

It is locked to a cellular carrier other than the one you are trying to use. It can only be used on that carrier unless they unlock it.

Contact the carrier it is locked to and ask if it can be unlocked.

If you don't know who that is, either ask whoever you got it from or call AppleCare and have them look it up by serial number.

sim card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.